As a Software Developer in our integration team you will:
- Support our webMethods, Java, and .NET platforms for integration to local and remote systems
- Work with C#, .NET, webMethods Flow, Java, XML and SQL on a regular basis
- Work with XSLT, Python and Oracle PL/SQL on a frequent basis
- Build new functionality into the platforms
- Implement change requests on existing integrations
- Support Business Analysts providing feedback on technical requirements and requests
- Start with learning about and working with webMethods Flow, moving quickly into learning C# and the other technologies that we use in the team
The career path
You will receive detailed and tailored targets on a termly basis, as well as feedback on progress so far, and areas to focus on in the future. We will work with you to drive your progression towards becoming a highly effective developer.
As you progress, your career path will be tailored to you based on your experience at the company, your strengths and your interests. As a Senior or Lead Developer you will have the opportunity to take on more advanced responsibilities that align with your preferred direction:
- Management direction – managing junior colleagues, managing project deliveries, creating training content etc.
- Technical direction – researching new technologies, creating technical training resources, driving infrastructure improvements etc.
- Hybrid direction – taking on aspects of both the management and technical directions
Acturis believes that a mix of internal and external training allows colleagues to develop rounded skills:
- New joiners receive concentrated initial training and close mentoring
- Colleagues are encouraged to complete industry standard training in relevant topics
- More senior colleagues can choose courses with time set aside and the course paid for
- The Acturis management team run training sessions to pass on experience and best practice
The successful candidates will have following attributes:
- Achieved a 2:1 or above at Bachelor’s-level in any STEM subject
- Evidence of a real interest in a career in software development, e.g. details of university coding projects, recognised coding courses completed, or links to personal projects
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail – this is crucial for debugging code, which is a key part of any developer role
- Ability to work effectively within a team, both when the team is in the office and when the team is working remotely
- Independent learning skills – desire to learn about new coding topics and deepen knowledge of existing topics, and the skills to find resources independently when appropriate
- Clear communication – while collaborating with developers in South Africa and Poland, this is key to making sure everyone is on the same page
We are always keen to hear from talented individuals who are eager to kick-start their career in software. If you are curious and have an ability to look at old problems in news ways, then we would love to hear from you. Please click ‘Apply’ to send your CV and Cover Letter. For any general enquires you may email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to join?
Successful candidates will usually be contacted within 14 days of applying. Due to the high-volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to inform unsuccessful applicants.
Please note Acturis is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. For further information, visit www.acturis.com.
If you will require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage throughout the recruitment process then please email email@example.com so that we may accommodate them for you.