As a Graduate Software Developer you will be joining a highly collaborative team where you will:
- Support our webMethods, Java, and .NET platforms for integration to local and remote systems
- Work with C#, .NET, webMethods Flow, Java, XML and SQL on a regular basis
- Work with XSLT, Python and Oracle PL/SQL on a frequent basis
- Build new functionality into the platforms
- Implement change requests on existing integrations
- Support Business Analysts providing feedback on technical requirements and requests
- Start with learning about and working with webMethods Flow, moving quickly into learning C# and the other technologies that we use within the team
- Utilise development best practices such as unit testing, pair programming and code review
This is a challenging position where you will be solving problems on a daily basis.
As you develop your skills, you will be handed increased levels of responsibility and you will have opportunities to progress your career and skills further.
Acturis gives early responsibility for line management, including mentoring new joiners, designing and delivering training programmes, and coaching others to develop their skills and responsibilities.
You will receive structured targets, regular feedback and follow a path which recognises personal development and contribution to the company.
You will be a self-starter who thrives when collaborating in a team full of brilliant and motivated people, with diverse interests and backgrounds.
Everyone at Acturis has an outstanding academic background and we share a common passion for innovation.
Successful applicants will also have the following attributes:
- A 2:1 or above in a STEM subject
- Excellent A-levels, ideally including an A in Maths
- Demonstrable passion for programming and experience working with an object-orientated programming language such as, C#, Java, C++, or Python
- An aptitude for applying technology and structured problem solving
- Logical, well organised and practical
- Eager to take on responsibility and the ability to learn new skills quickly
- The ability to work well as part of a team, seamlessly collaborating with others
We are always keen to hear from talented individuals who are eager to kick-start their career in software.
If you are curious to find out what a career with one of the fastest growing tech businesses in the UK could offer you, then please click the ‘Apply’ button to send your CV and Cover Letter.
For any general enquires please email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to join?
Successful candidates will usually be contacted within 7 days of applying. Due to the high-volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to inform unsuccessful applicants.
Please note Acturis is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.