The successful Office Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Take overall responsibility for the day–to-day running of the London and Birmingham offices
- Take pride in ensuring all offices create a productive, safe and cost effective environment for our colleagues to enjoy
- Manage the first point of contact at reception and busy switchboard
- Define and oversee processes to ensure the effective running of the office, directing and planning essential services such as maintenance and cleaning
- Co-ordinate and manage supplier contracts including cleaning, maintenance, catering, hotels, couriers, office supplies
- Create and manage a positive working relationship with Building Management
- Take control and management of Health and Safety including maintenance, testing and inspection schedules
- Take on role of Health and Safety officer
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space including office moves
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements related to office layouts
- Accurately file company documents, maintain various records and prepare reports
- Support client contract management process including drafting, distributing and filing
- Provide support to recruitment activities such as booking interviews and feeding back to recruiters
- Support colleagues in or manage any other ad hoc office tasks and operational activities
- Organise annual companywide events such as the Christmas party
- Take on line management duties of Office Assistant colleague and activities
You will be a self-starter who thrives when collaborating in a team full of brilliant and motivated people, with diverse interests and backgrounds. The successful Office Manager will also have the following attributes:
- Self-motivated with strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrable experience in ensuring the effective day to day running of a large office (3-5 years’ experience)
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to think outside the box and get things done well
- Exceptional self-management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a keen eye of detail
- Confident, proactive, thrive on working autonomously and taking responsibility
- Excellent people skills, ability to communicate with others in a professional and helpful manner at all levels and in a variety of communication methods
- Educated to degree-level with a minimum 2:2 and strong A-levels
- Competent with Word, Excel and Outlook
If this position sounds like it could be perfect for you, then please click the ‘Apply’ button and you will be directed to complete our online application form.
For any general enquires please email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to join?
Successful candidates will usually be contacted within 14 days of applying. Due to the high-volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to inform unsuccessful applicants.
Please note Acturis is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.