Acturis is the UK’s leading Software-as-a-Service provider for general insurance. Founded in 2000, we have grown exponentially over the past 20 years. To date, more than 95,000 individuals, in over 40 countries, use Acturis solutions to power their business, and our platform manages over £10bn worth of transactions every year. By working closely with brokers, insurers, and MGAs, we have helped to create and shape the insurance market of today.
At Acturis we invest in recruiting, developing and promoting talent. With us you will:
- Work with a talented, motivated and friendly group of like-minded colleagues
- Learn how to combine innovation and technology to create new business models from a management team led by two former McKinsey partners
- Be supported and encouraged to develop your skills and knowledge through structured training and coaching from experienced colleagues
- Receive written constructive performance feedback and encouragement every third so that you know how to improve – you have no idea how unusual this is!
- Be given real responsibility for your own projects as soon as you are ready
- Receive a competitive salary and annual performance-based reviews
- Be eligible to participate in annual bonus and company share incentive schemes depending on performance and seniority
- Work from home up to 3 days per week
As a Customer Support and QA Analyst at Acturis, you will have the following responsibilities:
Customer Support Analyst
- Be part of a new customer support team for one of our cloud software systems, developed by our team in Copenhagen
- Solving system user problems and resolving customer questions and issues
- Work closely with other teams in London and Copenhagen to monitor system stability and to react to issues immediately
- Advising system users on how to get the most from the system functionality
- Helping customers configure the system to meet their business needs
- Identifying and gathering ideas for new functionality and services
- Visiting customers to identify opportunities for improved use of the system
- Ensuring the quality of the NIS system. Our Software-as-a-Service model means a constant process of system enhancements for our customers which need to be carefully tested
- Preparation and execution of test scenarios
- Performing functional tests
- Creating and maintaining both manual and automatic tests
- Developing automated testing infrastructure
- Solve challenging technical problems using a structured and logical approach
- Work with tools such as:
- SQL Server
- Our own internal Tools
Acturis believes that a mix of internal and external training allows colleagues to develop rounded skills:
- New joiners receive concentrated initial training and close mentoring
- Colleagues are encouraged to complete industry standard training in relevant topics
- More senior colleagues can choose courses with time set aside and the course paid for
- The Acturis management team run training sessions to pass on experience and best practice
You will be a self-starter who thrives when collaborating in a team full of brilliant and motivated people, with diverse interests and backgrounds. Everyone at Acturis has an outstanding academic background and we share a common passion for innovation. Successful applicants will also have the following attributes:
- Achieved a 2:1 or a 1st in any STEM subject
- Excellent A-levels (or equivalent) and ideally including an A in Maths
- First-rate problem-solving skills.
- Logical, well organised, and practical.
- Excellent communication skills
- Client focused with an ability to build relationships with customers
- The ability to work well as part of a team, seamlessly collaborating with others.
- Computer literate (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel) and able to pick up new concepts
Ready to join?
Please note Acturis is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. For further information, visit www.acturis.com.
If you will require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage throughout the recruitment process then please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may accommodate them for you.
Successful candidates will usually be contacted within 14 days of applying. Due to the high-volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to inform unsuccessful applicants.