Ready to join?
As a IT Systems Analyst you will work in our Network Operations Centre (NOC) where you will:
- Be first point of contact for all technical issues relating to Microsoft, Oracle, and Cisco Networking technologies (not helpdesk which is handled by the dedicated helpdesk support team)
- Design and develop new database solutions for our various production and non-production Oracles databases – including replication, performance optimisation and data warehousing
- Maintain and develop the Acturis global private network
- Manage and develop the EMC and Pure storage solutions
- Provide problem solving and issue resolution support to the production and non-production systems hosted in London and Amsterdam – performance, availability and bottlenecks
- Investigate and research new server infrastructure, database network and storage technologies and solutions
- Manage the virtual desktop environments
Technologies you will be using, managing and maintaining include:
- Windows Server: MS Server 2008/2012, Virtualisation / Hyper-V, Blade technology, VDIs, MCSA, MCSE
- Databases: knowledge of SQL DBs: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and NOSQL DBs: Couchbase, Mongo
- Networking: Cisco Firewall / Switches, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, Wireless WANs, CCNA
- Microsoft Technologies: System Centre, SharePoint, Dynamics, MDT
The Career Path
As a Systems Analyst at Acturis, you will receive structured targets, regular feedback and an annual performance review. You will follow a clearly defined career path that recognises personal development and contribution to the company.
As a Senior Systems Analyst you can expect to be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering high quality projects, including managing teams and resources
- Coaching and providing constructive feedback for junior colleagues
Acturis gives early responsibility for line management, including mentoring new joiners, designing and delivering training programmes, and coaching others to develop their skills and responsibilities.
Acturis believes that a mix of internal and external training allows colleagues to develop rounded skills:
- New joiners receive concentrated initial training and close mentoring
- Colleagues are encouraged to complete industry standard training in relevant topics
- More senior colleagues can choose courses with time set aside and the course paid for
- The Acturis management team run training sessions to pass on experience and best practice
You will be a self-starter who thrives when collaborating in a team full of brilliant and motivated people, with diverse interests and backgrounds. Everyone at Acturis has an outstanding academic background and we share a common passion for innovation. Successful applicants will also have the following:
- Achieved a 2:1 or above at Bachelor’s-level in any STEM subject
- Excellent A-levels, ideally including an A in Maths.
- First-rate problem-solving skills.
- Logical, well organised, and practical.
- Confident and eager to take on responsibility and the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- The ability to work well as part of a team, seamlessly collaborating with others.
- Computer literate (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel) and able to pick up new concepts
We are always keen to hear from talented individuals who are eager to kick-start their career in software. If you are curious and have an ability to look at old problems in news ways, then we would love to hear from you. Please click “Apply now” to send your CV and Cover Letter. For any general enquires you may email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply < CV Review < 30-minute Online Test < First-stage Interview < Second-stage Interview < Job Offer
Ready to join?
Successful candidates will usually be contacted within 14 days of applying. Due to the high-volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to inform unsuccessful applicants.
Please note Acturis is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. For further information, visit www.acturis.com.
If you will require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage throughout the recruitment process then please email email@example.com so that we may accommodate them for you.