Ready to join?
As a Software Developer in our integration team you will:
- Support our .NET, Java and webMethods platforms for integration to local and remote systems
- Work with C#, .NET, webMethods Flow, Java, XML and SQL on a regular basis
- Work with XSLT, Python and Oracle PL/SQL on a frequent basis
- Build new functionality into the platforms
- Implement change requests on existing integrations
- Support Business Analysts providing feedback on technical requirements and requests
- Start with learning and working with the key technologies that we use as a team, including C# training
You will be given early responsibility for discrete projects and will receive structured, regular feedback.
The Career Path
You will receive detailed and tailored targets on a regular basis, as well as feedback on progress so far, and areas to focus on in the future. We will work with you to drive your progression towards becoming a highly effective developer.
As you progress, your career path will be tailored to you based on your experience at the company, your strengths and your interests. As a Senior or Lead Software Developer you will have the opportunity to take on more advanced responsibilities that align with your preferred direction:
- Management direction – managing junior colleagues, managing project deliveries, creating training content etc.
- Technical direction – researching new technologies, creating technical training resources, driving infrastructure improvements etc.
- Hybrid direction – taking on aspects of both the management and technical directions
Acturis gives early responsibility for line management, including mentoring new joiners, designing and delivering training programmes, and coaching others to develop their skills and responsibilities.
Acturis believes that a mix of internal and external training allows colleagues to develop rounded skills:
- New joiners receive concentrated initial training and close mentoring
- Colleagues are encouraged to complete industry standard training in relevant topics
- More senior colleagues can choose courses with time set aside and the course paid for.
- The Acturis management team run training sessions to pass on experience and best practice
You will be a self-starter who thrives when collaborating in a team full of brilliant and motivated people, with diverse interests and backgrounds. Everyone at Acturis has an outstanding academic background and we share a common passion for innovation. Successful applicants will also have the following attributes:
- Achieved a minimum 2:1 at degree-level in a STEM subject.
- Excellent A-levels, ABB minimum and ideally an A in Maths.
- Demonstrable passion for programming and experience working with an object-orientated programming language such as, C#, Java, C++, or Python.
- An aptitude for applying technology and structured problem solving.
- Logical, well organised and practical.
- Eager to take on responsibility and the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- The ability to work well as part of a team, seamlessly collaborating with others.
We are always keen to hear from talented individuals who are eager to kick-start their career in software. If you are curious and have an ability to look at old problems in news ways, then we would love to hear from you. Please click “Apply now” to send your CV. For any general enquires you may email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply < CV Review < 30-minute Online Test < 2 remote interviews < In-person interview < Job Offer
Ready to join?
Successful candidates will usually be contacted within 14 days of applying. Due to the high-volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to inform unsuccessful applicants.
Please note Acturis is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. For further information, visit www.acturis.com.
If you will require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage throughout the recruitment process then please email email@example.com so that we may accommodate them for you.