Commercial lawyer to provide the Acturis Group (including its European capabilities in Germany, France and Denmark, and Canadian entities) with commercial and technology related legal advice covering commercial contracts and IT/IP/data issues, Data Protection (including good understanding of GDPR) and general legal advice on all legal matters which affect Acturis and its group on a daily basis. Full time position based in UK with hybrid working in the London office (Holborn Circus). Permanent. Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel and providing mentorship/training to Paralegal.
Supporting all business areas within Acturis and its European and Canadian subsidiaries from a legal perspective, including (but not limited to) by way of the following;
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and advising on a broad range of commercial technology contracts including;
- SaaS Agreements
- Software Development, License and Maintenance Agreements
- Integration/Interface/Data Transfer Agreements
- Commercial terms and other legal documents received from customers and suppliers
- Supporting documents such as NDAs, side letters, novations/assignments, general contract management
- Advising on Data Protection issues (in particular in relation to the implementation of the GDPR, and international expansion)
- Advising on the legal implications (risk/mitigation) of all aspects of a rapidly expanding international business (e.g. in relation to enhanced system offerings, customer development requests, new selling channels (e.g. ecommerce, aggregator websites)) and international expansion
- Drafting new template documents for new service offerings and drafting/updating policies for regulatory development
- Researching and advising on general IP elements of service offering
- Researching and advising on regulatory and compliance topics affecting Acturis and our customers
- Supporting Senior Legal Counsel and Group Head of Legal in their day to day activities
- Working proactively, commercially and pragmatically in partnership with client areas to build a relationship of trust and confidence, to understand business and customer needs
- Working in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of work
- Proactively following legal developments and updating the Group on their impact
- Developing and managing legal processes for a growing international business
- Providing contract/legal development training to business units involved with contracts
- Providing mentorship/training to team Paralegal
- UK Qualified Lawyer
- 1 – 3 years post qualification experience
- Strong private practice training contract gained at a City, West End or reputable regional law firm
- Strong academic background
- Experience in a software or new technology company is desirable but by no means essential
- Good negotiation and drafting skills with keen attention to detail
- Relevant technical skills coupled with ability to work within a commercial environment in a business facing role
- Good drafting and negotiation skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen and the motivation to proactively contribute to the success of this innovative, ambitious and fast growing business
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to work proactively as part of a dynamic legal team in a fast-paced environment with direct access to senior decision makers.
How to Apply?
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
If you have any queries before applying then you may contact our Talent Acquisition Partner Thomas Greaves (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Successful candidates will usually be contacted within 14 days of applying. Due to the high-volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to inform unsuccessful applicants.
Please note Acturis is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. For further information, visit www.acturis.com.
If you will require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage throughout the recruitment process then please email email@example.com so that we may accommodate them for you.